2017 Rays of Hope Run/Walk | Sunday, October 22nd
Rays of Hope - A Walk/Run Toward the Cure of Breast Cancer
Sunday, October 22, 2017…Gale Toyota wants to thank all of the volunteers, event organizers, entertainment providers, vendors, family and friends and, most of all, the many survivors and those battling cancer for such a great annual event! We are so proud to be part of this event and we will continue to support the battle against breast cancer.
The 24th annual Baystate Health Foundation Rays of Hope Walk/Run in 2017 was one of the strongest turnouts ever. Gale Toyota was a Silver Sponsor for this event and it’s estimated over 20,000 participants walked or ran again this year in support of local breast cancer patients and survivors. More than $14 million has been raised over the past 24 years for this worthy cause.
Thank you for joining Gale Toyota in support of Rays of Hope and Making a Difference!DONATE or JOIN OUR TEAM
About Rays of Hope
Since its inception in 1994, Rays of Hope has been helping women and men in the fight against breast cancer by walking alongside them on their cancer journey. Through the Baystate Health Breast Network, Rays of Hope cares for the whole person from diagnosis and beyond by supporting research at the Rays of Hope Center for Breast Cancer Research http://pvlsi.org/rays-of-hopeRays of Hope also continues to provide funding for state-of-the-art equipment, breast health programs and outreach and education throughout Baystate Health. Over the years, they have been providing grants for complementary therapies and cancer programs to our community partners throughout western Massachusetts./p>
Rays of Hope Funded Programs
- All Rays of Hope Funding Stays Local
- Programs and workshops for breast cancer patients and survivors throughout Western New England
- Research on breast cancer detection and treatments at the Rays of Hope Center for Breast Cancer Research at the Pioneer Valley Life Sciences Institute and the Baystate Health Breast Network
- State of the art equipment
- Wigs, breast prosthesis and lympehedema garments for uninsured breast cancer patients
- Cab ride vouchers for low income breast cancer patients during treatment
- Breast cancer education programs
- Outreach to minority and over-committed women
- Rays of Hope needs your support by participating in programs and contributing to help find the cure for this deadly disease while caring for those fighting it every day
The photos show participants that were present at the October 22, 2017 event. Pictured is a pink 2018 Toyota C-HR that participants signed with personal thoughts, memories, wishes, and sentiments of a personal or loved one’s journey. The sea of pink is always inspiring, and knowing that the battle can be won is even more inspiring. Contributions can be made all year long…if you missed the event and are inspired to help, please make a contribution today!